VIRTUAL “PICTURE A PLANT” SHOW 2020 – JULY
Summer is progressing….
This is often one of the hottest months of the year and a great time to sit out and enjoy your garden. Keep plants looking good by regularly dead-heading, and you’ll enjoy a longer display of blooms. Make sure you keep new plants well watered, using grey water where possible, and hoe off weeds, which thrive in the sunshine.
Please send us your flowers and plants for July.
10 TOP JOBS FOR JULY
1. Check clematis for signs of clematis wilt
2. Care for houseplants while on holiday
3. Water tubs and new plants if dry, but be water-wise
4. Deadhead bedding plants and repeat-flowering perennials, to ensure continuous flowering
5. Pick courgettes before they become marrows
6. Treat apple scab
7. Clear algae, blanket weeds and debris from ponds, and keep them topped up
8. Order catalogues for next year’s spring-flowing bulbs
9. Give the lawn a quick-acting summer feed, especially if not given a spring feed
10. Harvest apricots, peaches and nectarines